Category : Professional
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for their assigned manufacturing processes and new product launch project management. Through input from the customer, corporate support groups, plant staff, and production employees the Manufacturing Engineer will review process controls, emphasize continuous improvement through Lean Manufacturing methodology and Kaizen activities, participate in the development of cell layouts, set up reduction (SMED), lead time reduction and improve productivity through waste reduction. In addition the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for achieving product target cost, improved efficiency and identifying possible production problems for existing products within their scope of accountability.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be involved with helping to determine project capital needs, launch strategies, project timing, process flows, labor and machine standards as well as proposed plans for changes to the process, equipment, molds, and tooling to ensure reliability and compatibility with existing Toledo Molding and Die standards/systems.
- Support and maintain project time line
- Participate in identifying open items issues
- Review mold and secondary fixture design and make recommendations
- Develop workflow, effective layout and optimize processes
- Evaluate and implement process/product improvements
- Work with the team to develop tooling and poka yoke methods
- Assist with training of both technical and production in processing standards
- Develop short and long term strategy to support customer requirements
- Authorize engineering change notices (deviations), process alerts, purchase orders, equipment spare parts inventory, and personnel training requests
- Support plant safety rules, procedures and standards
- Involved with assigned project launch strategies, capital needs, program timing in support of all APQP, PPAP, and ISO/TS16949 requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree – technical required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Automotive industry experience
- Injection Molding and / or blow molding experience preferred.